Design area 3.1: Solar-powered specimen tank

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Energy Design area 3.1: Solar-powered specimen tank

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Serena Long
    Participant

Hello!

My team is currently working on the project opportunity 3.1 Solar-powered specimen tank.
      We are interested in knowing what specific sorts of animals/specimens would potentially be stored in the tank and a general idea of what the largest potential specimen would be.

Thank you

Best regards

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Serena,

Thanks for your question!

We’ve spoken with our contact at Dawul Wuru, they have indicated that the tank would predominantly be used for coral (particularly species that are vulnerable to coral bleaching) and fish, as some species of coral need fish to survive. The key thing about this tank is that there will be multiple species/specimens at the tank at any one time so ensuring that the environment is suitable for all.

In terms of size, Dawul Wuru have indicated that they imagine a long (length), short (height) tank, with ideally a ‘touch’ section for children. However, based on what you know about the intention and purpose of the tank and your own research you conduct, it will be up to you to determine the exact shape and size of the tank.

This other question on the forum has some more information about the purposes of the tank which you might find helpful:

Stakeholders

I hope this helps, but please reach out if you want any more information!

Warm regards,
        Rachel

prameshwar adhikari
        Participant

Is there any specific reason to choose Queensland for the solar-powered specimen tank project?
          who are the stakeholder of the project?

Rachel Alford
          Keymaster

Hi Prameshwar,

This page on the website will explain to you about the EWB Challenge and the way that it works. In short, each year EWB partners with a community-based organisation and works with them to identify project briefs for students to work on. This year, we’ve partnered with Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation, who are based in Yirrganydji Country, which runs from Cairns to Port Douglas in Queensland. The project briefs from this year support the work of Dawul Wuru. You can read more specifically about Dawul Wuru’s involvement in the EWB Challenge on this page.

I encourage you to explore the many resources we have provided on the website, including the introduction to the community partner, and learn about the background to each of the project briefs. I also encourage you to search through the discussion forum, as you will find relevant answers to your questions on here too. For example, you can find a link in the comment above which will direct you to your answer about stakeholders.

Thanks,
            Rachel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.