Composting

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lara Matheson
    Participant

Hello,
      I was wondering how much knowledge do they have on the topic of composting their organic waste? Is this something that a lot of people actively do? or is it something that they have never known to do before? Do they understand the benefits?

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Lara,

Based on our recent conversation with our EWB staff in Cambodia, composting organic wastes such as food and animal waste is widely practised in rural communities. Therefore they understand the benefits of it. However, their level of knowledge is considered low, and they typically imitate what their neighbours are doing if convinced that their methods are working (i.e. seeing better vegetable yield as proof of enriched soil), which might be influenced by other non-government organisations working in that space.

Are you looking into project opportunity 3.1: Improving year-round vegetable production and resilience? My answer to Ben’s question might be helpful in your ongoing research.

Regards,
        Jean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.