Travel to Saen Monourom

Mondulkiri, Cambodia General discussion Travel to Saen Monourom

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 5 days ago by Sai Rupa Dev.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Clara Meiklejohn
    Participant

Hi, I was just wondering how often and how many people from Pu Ngaol travel to Saen Monourom (Mondulkiri’s capital)? Or alternatively, is there easy access for transport between Saen Monourom and the school that some children from Pu Ngaol attend?
      I’m basically looking for some sort of transport connection between Saen Monourom and Pu Ngaol.
      Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Clara,

Can you provide me with more context as to why you’re interested in the frequency and number of Pu Ngaol villagers travelling to Saen Monourom? This number will be difficult to estimate as there might be different reasons for going to the capital. I would assume that one main reason they might travel to the capital is to access specific services unavailable in the area or the nearby village.

Please check our Introduction to Cambodia context section. We have provided some information about travel time and road conditions when heading to the capital. Also, check the Interactives to look more closely at the access roads that connects the school and other places of interest.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
        Jean

Clara Meiklejohn
        Participant

Hi Jean, thanks for getting back to me.
          I just mean is there at least one person who visits Saen Monourom weekly (or fortnightly) from Pu Ngaol?
          Kind regards,
          Clara.

Sai Rupa Dev
          Keymaster

Hi Clara,

Saen Monourum is the province’s capital. So, In the same way a person living in a regional Australian area would go to the nearest town for supplies, a person living in Pu Ngaol would visit Saen Monorum. Once a week is a good assumption in my opinion.

Hope that helps,
            Cheers,
            Sai

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.