Rainwater harvesting to support bush tucker gardening

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Water management Rainwater harvesting to support bush tucker gardening

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hieu Nguyen
    Participant

Dear EWB Challenge Team,

I am doing some researches about the Water Management category. And I would like to ask you about this specific project opportunity. Is this rainwater harvesting project supposed to be created for the Hub? Or is it designed for Yirrganydji’s houses?

Can I also ask you some images about Yirrganydji’s house shape and its appearance for us to see it more clearly?

Kind regards,
      Hieu Nguyen

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Hieu,

The rainwater harvesting system specified in project opportunity 6.1 is intended to support the bush tucker gardening within the hub. I suggest you read more about the Vision of a Collective Hub on Country to help you visualise how the rainwater harvesting system fits in the bigger picture.

May I know why you’re interested to know the house shape?

Thanks,
        Jean

Jemima Ridley
        Participant

Hi Jean,

I also have the same question as Hieu about the existing housing structures in that the majority of the community have. We are looking at the design of the rainwater collection system and knowing the type of houses and roofs that are already existing in the community would give us a better picture as to what we can design for the rainwater collection.

Thanks so much!

Jemima

Jean Aquinde
          Keymaster

Hi Jemima,

Unfortunately, we don’t have the knowledge of the existing housing structures in the the majority of the community, but we do have a photo of an existing rainwater harvesting tank at Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures which can be seen in the gallery section of the design brief.

As I’ve mentioned to Hieu in the previous post, the rainwater harvesting system is one of the inclusions in the multi-purpose hub (which is not yet existing). I highly recommend that you read more about the Vision of a Collective Hub on Country to help you visualise how the rainwater harvesting system is connected to other facilities and how it fits in the bigger picture.

Regards,
            Jean

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.