Questions Regarding Design Oportunity 5.4

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Caring for Sea Country Questions Regarding Design Oportunity 5.4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Liam Lodewikus
    Participant

To whom it may concern

Hello, my name is Liam Lodewikus and I am just writing this because I have two questions regarding project 5.4.

Firstly, Iā€™d like to confirm that the task of project 5.4 is to design a fish trap for the Yirrganydji people that utilises the traditional construction methods of the Aboriginal peoples with the construction in the area of Taylor Point. Please advise if there are any further points or specifications that you would like considered.

Furthermore, the second question I had is what is the best way to engage in regular contact with you for future communication?

Thank you for your time

Kind regards

Liam Lodewikus

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Liam,

Apology for the very late reply. This post must have been overlooked when I was away.

In the design brief, we encourage students to get inspired by the traditional Yirrganydji fish traps when designing solutions to foster cultural connection with the younger generation. You are free to use traditional or modern construction methods or enhance the existing technology we mentioned in the brief. Assume that you’ll build your prototype in Taylor’s Point since that location is already identified as an excellent spot for fishing.

For questions about the design brief, please use this Discussion Forum, so other students can benefit from your shared queries. If you have further questions that your Course Coordinator cannot answer, email us at ewbchallenge@ewb.org.au.

I hope this helps, and all the best on your project! šŸ™‚

Regards,
        Jean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.