Pu Ngaol Energy consumption

Mondulkiri, Cambodia Energy Pu Ngaol Energy consumption

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Owen Hughes
    Participant

Hello, we were wondering how much energy does the Pu Ngaol village consume annually?

Regards,
      Owen

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Owen,

Thanks for your patience. The monthly consumption of different households varies. During a most recent scoping interview with the villagers, one it’s 60000 riel, another house it’s 80000 riel, and another is 20000. At this writing, we’re still determining what household size these monthly consumptions correspond to. We’ll update you if we can find more information.

This electricity cost is a significant portion of income. One household mentioned that in 6 months – 1 year, they make around 100000 – 200000 riel from selling chickens and 600000 from selling pigs.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
        Jean

Jean Aquinde
        Keymaster

Hi Owen,

Following from my previous response to your question, here’s my update regarding the monthly electricity cost per household size:

60000 riel: 4-person household (couple + children)
          80000 riel: 8-person household (couple + children and grandchildren)

I hope that helps in your estimation.

Regards,
          Jean

Duoth Chuol Jok
          Participant

Hello, was wondering if you know the average energy consumption of each household in Pu Ngaol, in kwh?

Jean Aquinde
            Keymaster

Hi Duoth,

Unfortunately, we don’t have any data for the average energy consumption of each household in Pu Ngaol village. We’ve collected a few data with regards to their monthly electricity bills:

60000 riel: 4-person household (couple + children)
              80000 riel: 8-person household (couple + children and grandchildren)

According to this 2022 article: “There are currently four types of electricity tariffs for households. It costs 380Riels/kWh from 1kWh to 10 kWh of monthly consumption, 480 Riels/kWh for a monthly consumption from 11kWh to 50 kWh, 610 Riels/kWh for a monthly consumption from 51kWh to 200 kWh and 730 Riels/kWh for a monthly consumption that exceeds 200 kWh.”

I hope this helps.

Regards,
              Jean

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Jean Aquinde.
              • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Jean Aquinde.
              Anne Yap
              Participant

Hello, do you have the data of the average earnings of Pu Ngaol villagers?

Jean Aquinde
                Keymaster

Hi Anne,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a data of the average earnings of Pu Ngaol villagers. I found some resources that relates to household income in rural communities, where you can potentially base your assumptions:

> Report of Cambodia Socio-Economic Survey 2021
                    > Rural Communities on the Cambodian Central Plain: A Comparative Analysis Based on Five Communes

I hope this helps!

Regards,
                  Jean

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.