Material Available in Yirrganydji for 5.4

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Caring for Sea Country Material Available in Yirrganydji for 5.4

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Huu Quoc Doan
    Participant

Hello EWB team,
      I’m currently having research on 5.4 of how to upgrade the fish-trap and encountering some problems with the material whether they’re available or not:
      1/ What type of building material that the locals have? (Irons, Woods, steel…)
      2/ Do the local has finishing net or can they produce it? I assume they do since the Weir Trap includes it.

Thank you for answering me in advance,
      Regards,
      Quoc Doan

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Quoc Doan,

Modern Yirrganydji people have access to various materials such as metal, wood, ceramic and plastic. You may design your fish trap with this in mind. What does upgrading mean to you? Are you referring to functionality? Design?

Yirrganydji people traditionally lived in camps along the coastline, and part of their lifestyle was being able to produce various tools to hunt fish, such as multi-pronged barbed spears and ‘bush string’ nets. I recommend checking this article to gain a deeper understanding of the Yirrganydyi country, which is also available in the website’s Resources section.

All the best,
        Jean

Huu Quoc Doan
        Participant

Hello Jean,
          Thank you so much for your detailed reply.
          Hope you have a great day.

Jean Aquinde
          Keymaster

You’re welcome! 🙂
            Hope you’ll make great progress on your research in the next few days!

Huu Quoc Doan
            Participant

Hello Jean,
              Currently, our team is selecting our final idea now and we focus on this part and ICT also. So can you please refer to this link and help me?https://ewbchallenge.org/forums/topic/internet-access-and-phone-signal/

Thank you so much.
              Regards,
              Quoc

Jean Aquinde
              Keymaster

Hi Quoc,

Check my reply on the ICT thread.

Thanks,
                Jean

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.