Litter Found on Country

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Waste & reuse Litter Found on Country

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Carlie Weary
    Participant

Hello
      I refer to design opportunity 7.1 – Methods for reducing littering on Country.
      I am curious to know what are the most prevalent items that your rangers are having to clean up? I understand that the beach cleanups involve a lot of plastic and metal etc. Are you finding this around other parts of your land? And where would you say is the most problematic areas?
      Thanks

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Carlie,

In the Interactives, we mentioned that Yirrganydyi Rangers conduct frequent maintenance on Dungarra, including weed, leaves, rubbish clearing, and trimming overgrown vegetation. Look for the walking track (green icon) on the Dunggara site, and you can read more details there.

The term ‘problematic area’ is subjective as not all sites are operational, which means some may require a more comprehensive waste management plan during construction and operation. To help you decide the area you want to work on, hover over different potential sites in the Interactives and read each area’s current and proposed future uses.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
        Jean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.