Just a few questions

Mondulkiri, Cambodia General discussion Just a few questions

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Jones
    Participant

Is there a part of this where I can see the main materials in the area or pricing in their currency as I have mostly seen things like bamboo, wood etc.?
      Is stone a possible resource that the mine nearby would be willing to supply or if possible would there be any within the village or nearby to use for structures with the use of mortar and what shapes and sizes are common their?
      Large slabs are not necessary but is that available?
      From videos I have seen, the footwear consists mostly of sandals, is this true?

Thanks
      Kyle

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

It’s great that you are exploring alternative materials. We’ve just updated our Resources page where you can find the cost of building materials like brick and cement bags in Cambodian Riel.

Waste rocks from a mining operation are a potential building material if identified as fit for construction (i.e. will not pose health risks). Unfortunately, we don’t have any information about the mining company’s willingness to supply it to the local community or their waste management strategy.

Aside from the identified design considerations, keep in mind the existing skills of the locals in your building material selection.

We’ve also observed locals wearing sandals/flip-flops in most photos and videos. I found this helpful resource as to why that’s their preference.

Regards,
        Jean

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jean Aquinde.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.