How much will the tank be used?

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Caring for Sea Country How much will the tank be used?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Rachel Alford.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Oliver Lancaster
    Participant

Hi, I was just wondering how often this tank would be used? Is it quite frequent (multiple times a week) or will it be quite rare (once a month)?

Oliver Lancaster
      Participant

Additionally, are there are sea/land laws that would hinder the ability of rangers to capture these animals and effectively use the tank? I can’t find any definite answers regarding legislation or any specifics from the Queensland government.

Rachel Alford
        Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

Which project are you working on? Depending on which kind of tank you’re referring to there is likely to be a difference in the frequency in which it is used (eg the tank for turtles is more likely to be used more frequently than the tank for dugongs). With that in mind, however, as you can imagine it is difficult to predict how often animals will need to be transported as it will vary.

For your design, it is best to account for all different scenarios – if it needs to be used daily, how can you make the system cope? If it will only be used monthly, how can you make sure it is stored in a manner so that it will work when needed? 

Accounting for these variables will put you in a good position to ensure that your design is practical and meets the needs of Dawul Wuru.

In terms of laws/legislations, I recommend taking a look at Traditional Use of Marine Resources Agreements (TUMRA). Dawul Wuru have a TUMRA which can be found in our Resources section, and you can find out more information about these agreements in general from the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (the GBRMPA will also help with general information about management on the GBR).

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!

Rachel 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.