Design area 1.8 Soil erosion structures .

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Structures Design area 1.8 Soil erosion structures .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Duncan Nganga
    Participant

Hi Admin,

My team is working on design of low-cost structures to control soil erosion along Barron River bank.

There are a few areas as research on the team i would like to know as outline below;
      1.What is allowable construction footprint size if we were to use some sort of machine along the river, what is the type of soil the interactive link make me think it could be loamy to clay soil!

2.What permits must the team obtain if were were to construct the structures?

3.Are there any cultural important sites, along the river and more specific Dungarra Design area of the team interest and can there be accessed by members public?

4.Are they any fishing activities be it by local or along the river or research group or centre with site?

Kindly direct me on where I would get the information be it a link or any other source.

Regards

Duncan.

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your patience. I found a few resources that might help you with your research:

Check the WetlandInfo website. They have a comprehensive resource about wetlands management, including WetlandsMaps. In this interactive tool, you can filter different information such as soils and geology, fish habitat areas, etc.

You can check the Wet Tropics Management Authority’s website regarding the permit system to construct structures.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
        Jean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.