bamboo availability

Mondulkiri, Cambodia General discussion bamboo availability

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Abarna Baskaran
    Participant

Hi,
      how far are the bamboo forests from the Pu Ngaol village? Do the villagers commonly use things made of bamboo? Is there a way for the villagers to reach the places where is availability of bamboo?

Also, do the villagers usually go to the community hall? How often? If not, is there a place most of the town visit regularly?

Are there any main roads/paths where the villagers go by frequently?

Is there availability in the village to have and use a handsaw and drill?

Thanks,
      Abarna

Sai Rupa Dev
      Keymaster

Hi Abarna,

1. To the best of my knowledge, while there isn’t specifically a bamboo forest in the area, bamboo is prevalent in the local forest which can be a few Kilometers away.

2. Bamboo is a valuable resource in Cambodia commonly used for construction, furniture making, crafting tools and traditional handicrafts

3. Villagers may reach the forests by foot or bicycle or motorbikes

4. Yup, people often gather at the community halls depending on meetings being called , or cultural events or religious ceremonies. A fair estimate in my opinion would be twice or thrice a month

5. There is a main road, please check out the interactives on the website for more information on this

6. Yes, there is availability in the village for a handsaw and a drill.

Hope that helps.
        Cheers,
        Sai

Sai Rupa Dev
        Keymaster

Hi Abarna,

1. To the best of my knowledge, while there isn’t specifically a bamboo forest in the area, bamboo is prevalent in the local forest which can be a few Kilometers away.

2. Bamboo is a valuable resource in Cambodia commonly used for construction, furniture making, crafting tools and traditional handicrafts

3. Villagers may reach the forests by foot or bicycle or motorbikes

4. Yup, people often gather at the community halls depending on meetings being called , or cultural events or religious ceremonies. A fair estimate in my opinion would be twice or thrice a month

5. There is a main road, please check out the interactives on the website for more information on this

6. Yes, there is availability in the village for a handsaw and a drill.

Hope that helps.
          Cheers,
          Sai

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.