3.1 Solar powered specimen tank

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Energy 3.1 Solar powered specimen tank

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Lyle De Jesus
    Participant

Hi, my team and I are currently researching on the design area 3.1 Solar powered specimen tank. I just have a question in terms of integrating solar power.

1. Is there/will there be existing infrastructure for a solar power system (i.e. battery, panels) at the cultural hub the specimen tank is planned to be placed in?

If not, will we be expected to modify components of the tank (filtration, lighting) to run on solar energy rather than considering the whole system?

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Glenn,

The collective hub structure still needs to be put in place. They might be interested in integrating the solar power system to support all the facilities, including the solar-powered specimen tank. You can read more about this at the Vision of a Collective Hub on Country page.

Yes, the project aims to power the components of the specimen tank using solar energy. Since there is no existing constraint, we’ll leave you to decide the scope of your project. You may narrow your focus on the tank, or consider what will power the collective hub, or present both scenarios as options too.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
        Jean

shehan selvanayagam
        Participant

Hi,
          My team and I are currently researching on design area 3.1 and we have decided to make a 1000cubic meter tank. Do we have to include the number and type of specimens that we’ll be putting into our tank?

Senithu Jayasuriya
          Participant

Hi i’m working on design area 3.1, for the required touch section is it a necessity for both flora and fauna to be present, for instance if only coral were to be present will it be enough exposure for visitors?

Jean Aquinde
            Keymaster

Hi Shehan,

Thanks for sharing your design plan. It’s not necessary to discuss the specifics of the design in your report as long it’s fit for purpose. How did you decide on the tank volume? – the explanation behind this will likely spark interest when someone asks about your project. Suppose one of the reasons is the specimen capacity. In that case, it might be worth mentioning the approximate amount if you have this data.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
              Jean

Jean Aquinde
              Keymaster

Hi Senithu,

In the design brief, we mentioned that the tank should be able to house multiple specimens with a ‘touch’ section for children. Dawul Wuru would love to be able to showcase both flora and fauna. It’s up to you how you would want it to look in terms of design.

Keep in mind that the purpose of the specimen tank is not only for display for visitors to enjoy but also for cultural yarning, education and future research.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
                Jean

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.