Internet Connection Within Yirrganydji Country or Cairns City

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation General discussion Internet Connection Within Yirrganydji Country or Cairns City

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tran Luu
    Participant

Hi Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation,

Would it be possible if we can be informed about the internet usage within Yirrganydji Country? We are interested in introducing a product that requires internet usage to which we are not certain of within this region. Would it be possible if we can ask you some questions about the education status of the Yirrganydji students, computer lab rooms and facilities of the YIrrganydji schools?

1. Do the Yirrganydji country use any form of wifi or internet usage?
      2. Do the Cairns city use any form of wifi or internet usage?
      3. Do Yirrganydji country have schools that had facilities like computer labs that are provided with wifi usage?
      4. Do the Cairns city have schools that had facilities like computer labs that are provided with wifi usage?
      5. For the schools in Yirrganydji country that have access to the internet / wifi in the computer labs, do the schools have a large percentage of Yirrganydji students’ study in them? Could it be possible if we can know the percentage of Yirrganydji students attending those schools and their age group? Can we also know all the information of this question for the Cairns city as well?
      6. Are there a list of schools that majority of Yirrganydji students attend with computer labs with internet connection? Can we know the names of these schools please?
      Sincerely,
      Tran

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Tran,

Thanks for reaching out, and apology for the delay in answering. A few students have similar questions to yours, and we’ve responded to them here and here.

I found this excellent resource to help you find the stats regarding the schools in Cairns.

I’d love to know which specific project opportunity you are working on so I can better understand your questions’ context.

PS. EWB maintains this Discussion Forum, and we typically reach out to our community partner (Dawul Wuru) regarding student enquiries if we assess that their input is required.

All the best,
        Jean

Tran Luu
        Participant

Hi EWB team,

Thank you for answering our questions and concerns. We are grateful for your help and support and we will make sure to look at the resources that you had provided.

Sincerely,
          Tran

Jean Aquinde
          Keymaster

You’re welcome Tran! Glad to help and let me know if you have any follow-up questions. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.