Virtual experience

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation ICT Virtual experience

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dean Lawrence
    Participant

what is the target number of participants per session to virtually visit country ?

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Which project are you looking at? The answer will vary depending on this, for example, if you are doing Project 2.1, you can assume that there will be fewer users per session as it is specifically for Elders, compared to Project 2.2 where there may be larger groups (eg schools) that will be using the technology.

Depending on which project you’re looking at, I may be able to provide some more information. I also recommend taking a look at our Vision of a Collective Hub, where you can get an idea of the sorts of visitor groups Dawul Wuru are hoping to host in the future, and make some assumptions around size based on that.

Thanks,
        Rachel

Dean Lawrence
        Participant

Thanks Rachel,

We are looking at 2.1, specifically addressing the lack of interaction between users when using the VR equipment.
          Just trying to determine how many users would likely be participating if there was a virtual experience capable of user interaction whilst immersed

Rachel Alford
          Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for my response, I wanted to double check the information before telling you specific numbers. In terms of project 2.1, the likely maximum number is approximately 15 users, but more likely to be around 5 users at a time. Allowing for more flexibility in your design for different numbers up to 15 users (or even more if possible!) would enable others to join the virtual experience and the elders to share knowledge and is encouraged. However, you can assume 15 people would be the maximum at any time.

I hope this helps!
            Rachel

Dean Lawrence
            Participant

Hi Rachel,

No problem at all thanks for the information!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.