Trade towards Saibai Island

Saibai Island, TSIRC Waste Management Trade towards Saibai Island

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ameen Alqudah
    Participant

Hello,

I was looking at the Waste Management Design Detail and I wanted to write a report regarding the increase of plastic waste in Saibai and the torres Strait in general. I wanted to see the economic impacts of plastic waste on Saibai Island but I am having trouble finding resources specific to that, but I did find some that talk about it briefly.

1: Where do they mainly import their products from? what kind of plastic products would they need?
      2: I read about how gas is expensive in the Torres Strait, and especially with the fact that Saibai Island does not have a feasible budget on exporting their waste to recycling facilities mainland. how can I find a resource that could talk about that in more detail?

I am kinda just having a hard time regarding finding resources on plastic waste in Saibai in general

Thank you,
      Ameen

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Ameen,

Sounds like you’re trying to have more in-depth understanding of the plastic waste situation Saibai Island.

While I’m still looking for more information to answer your questions in detail, I would like to know if you’ve come across TSIRC’s Facebook Page. From what I’ve observed, they’re posting regular updates on council activities about Saibai Island and Torres Strait in general.

Regards,
        Jean

Ameen Alqudah
        Participant

Hello,

I have not looked at the facebook page, but although I don’t have a facebook account, I will try to check it out and see how it goes.

If you find any information, that will be appreciated. I am trying to lean more into finding sources talking about the TS in general.

Thank you,
          Ameen

Jean Aquinde
          Keymaster

Hi Ameen,

The Torres Strait Regional Authority (TSRA) has published a report on Torres Strait 2021 State of Environment Report Card, which covers the current state of plastic waste pollution in the region. It’s full of graphics and very easy to read.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
            Jean

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Jean Aquinde.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.