Enquiry Regarding Design Area 1.2

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Structures Enquiry Regarding Design Area 1.2

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Muhammad Ali Jawad
    Participant

Hi, I just had a few questions regarding the 1.2 flexible visitor space that I was designing. I had chosen the site to be the Wangkarri area, particularly Site 2. I was wondering what was the square meters of that area, especially if a few of the lone trees were cut down? Was there a previous design or structure like the visitors hub ever constructed that I could see for inspiration? I have picked a community hub design locally off of Google as an example model. Lastly, and maybe I have to ask this to the instructor, how would you recommend making a diagram or image of the hub as I don’t think I have the technical/drawing capabilities for a structure this big.

Regards, Ali

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Ali,

While on your desktop, I suggest you jump into the Google Earth application and search ‘Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures’, the nearest landmark to Site 2 of the Wangetti – Wanka:rri area. From there, you should be able to navigate to your area of interest easily. There is a ‘Measure distance and area‘ tool on Google Earth’s sidebar. You can use that to draw different perimeters to include or exclude certain land features, for example.

There is no existing design or hub constructed in the area. To help you visualise the collective hub, check the Vision of a Collective Hub on Country.

I find SketchUp, a 3D modelling software, useful and easy to use in drawing mock-ups of buildings and building features. Yes, you better ask your instructor if they have tried and tested tools too. 🙂

I hope this helps.

Regards,
        Jean

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Jean Aquinde.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.