Engery consumption of the Yirrganydji community

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Energy Engery consumption of the Yirrganydji community

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ashra Harkin
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently working on design area 3.4 and exploring performance criterions to judge my designs upon. I am exploring cost at the moment and I’m struggling to find the current energy requirements of the community and how much, on average, it costs the community a day to live how they currently do. I’ve made the assumption, since they are located in a remote area of Australia, their main source of power comes from diesel genorators. If I could have a number for their average energy requirements (prior to the instilation of the hub) or be pointed in the right direction of where to find this information i could base how much additonal power and cost will be required, with the additon of the hub, and then explore why this cost may not be feasible. I’ve looked into other questions in this area but non seem too be able to answer my question.

Kind regards and thank you in advance.

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Ashra,

Thanks for taking us through your thought process. First, I’d challenge your initial assumption that Yirrganydji people are all located in remote Australia. I suggest you read this background section about the Yirrganydji Country to get a bigger picture of the geographical spread of the Yirrganydji people.

In the background information of Design Area 3 – Energy, we mentioned that Ergon Energy Network operates in the area. Their website has a section called: ‘Data to share‘, which you may find helpful in forecasting your energy requirements.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
        Jean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.