Energy usage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Luu
    Participant

Hello, I was just wondering if you could inform me on how roughly much energy is being used on a monthly basis.

Regards
      Nathan Luu

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

What project opportunity are you working on, so I can get more context?
        In the meantime, please check this post first. It’s a similar discussion about energy requirements and a good starting point when estimating power consumption.

Regards,
        Jean

Nathan Luu
        Participant

Hello,

The project opportunity that I am working on is 3.2, the solar powered coral terrarium

Regards
          Nathan

Jean Aquinde
          Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

That’s an exciting project choice. The solar-powered coral terrarium is expected to be part of the collective hub. Check out Dawul Wuru’s vision for the hub to ensure cohesiveness with other structures likely to be built there. Since the collective hub is not yet in place, no data is available to estimate the monthly power consumption.

I suggest zooming into the energy requirements of your proposed coral terrarium design in terms of operation and maintenance. The design brief states that it needs to be solar-powered, mobile, user-friendly and scalable. Think of the powered components that will satisfy these minimum features. I hope this helps.

Regards,
            Jean

Nathan Luu
            Participant

Hello again

My group has come up with a possible solution for project opportunity 3.2. We were wondering how much would be willing to be spent on the tanks.

Kind regards
              Nathan Luu

Jean Aquinde
              Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

We don’t specify a budget for any project. You’ll understand why in our guide to setting project budgets as explained in our EWB Challenge FAQs.

Regards,
                Jean

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.