Electric Outboard

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Energy Electric Outboard

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Liam Barron
    Participant

Hi my team are doing 3.5 Electric outboard for waterway access and as i was look at the galley I couldn’t find what is the horsepower of the outboard that the Crocodile Monitoring use, I know it is a Yamaha 4-stroke but there are no photos of the back of the outboard where they it displays the Horsepower. Can you help?

Thank You

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Liam,

Good question! We’ll get in touch with our contact at Dawul Wuru and let you know once we have an answer from them.

Thanks for your patience!

Rachel

Rachel Alford
        Keymaster

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your patience, the crocodile monitoring boat is 60 horsepower.

Hope this helps!
          Rachel

Liam Barron
          Participant

Hi

I can’t find how long the crocodile monitoring team spend using their boat looking for the crocodile. Can you help?

Thanks
            Liam Barron

Rachel Alford
            Keymaster

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your question! 

I’ve answered a similar question on this forum below: https://ewbchallenge.org/forums/topic/boat-operating-time-for-boats/

Some additional information which may be useful context for you, is that the crocodile team will be alerted to a crocodile’s presence in an area and will go out on their boat in response to these reports, rather than patrolling in their boat searching for crocodiles.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,
              Rachel

Angus McMillan
              Participant

Hi EWB
                I have looked for the specific noise level that deters crocodiles but couldn’t find anything specific, would you know? or have any resources that would help?

Rachel Alford
                Keymaster

Hi Angus,

Thanks for your question. We don’t have a specific noise level, however you can assume that the noise level that deters crocodiles is that of the motor that is currently being used by the crocodile monitoring team. You can find the information about the motors in the interactives and earlier responses on this thread. The main challenge is that crocodiles have become accustomed to the sound, so there is an interest to be able to operate the boats more stealthily – that is, more quietly and smoothly than the engines currently being operated.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!
                  Rachel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.