economics and capacity

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation ICT economics and capacity

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dean Lawrence
    Participant

Hi
      I am working on a project for ICT 2.1
      2.1 Low-cost tools to enable Elders to remotely visit Country.

The description stipulates ‘low cost’ solutions. Is there a ball park figure for what is considered low cost?

Secondly I am wonder how many VR sets there are currently available for use?

thanks
      Dean

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your questions, I’ll answer them below:

Q: The description stipulates ‘low cost’ solutions. Is there a ballpark figure for what is considered low cost?
        A: Unfortunately we can’t provide you with a specific number or ball park figure because it really depends on what your project is and the value it provides. It’s one of the more challenging aspects of the EWB Challenge, however it is up to you to determine what is a reasonable and appropriate budget for your design solution. You will have to determine this based on the value it delivers, and depending on who the stakeholders are who would need to fund that project (including who pays for any ongoing maintenance if required, etc.). You can justify a larger budget, for example, if you can demonstrate value for money such as longevity of your solution with minimal maintenance required. We’ve put together a FAQs: Big Tricky Questions document which can help guide you with thinking about the budget.

Q: Secondly I am wonder how many VR sets there are currently available for use?
        A: We are aware of 5 VR sets that Dawul Wuru have access to, however it’s important to note that for the specific project you’re working on, VR headsets have been determined by Dawul Wuru as being not ideal for Elders accessing Country virtually as it is a predominantly individual experience, whereas they are interested in tools which can enable a collective experience.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions!
        Rachel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.