Design area 5.5 Mechanisms to reduce noise

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Caring for Sea Country Design area 5.5 Mechanisms to reduce noise

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Rachel Alford.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Rice
    Participant

Dear EWB,

Could you please provide as much of the following information as possible in regards to design area 5.5.
      In addition please let me know if you need an email address to send the manuals ect to.

1. The make and model of the outboard motors used on all the crocodile monitoring boats.

2. Copy’s of the the outboard motor manuals.

3. If not included in the manual Technical drawings showing showing the dimensions of the motors as well as assembly drawings.

4. Make and model of the hulls of the boats

5. Any manuals for the boats.

6. If not included in the manuals: Dimensions of the Boat as well as detailed dimensions of the stern of the boat (where the motor attaches.

Best regards
      Adrian Rice.

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your questions. As a part of the EWB Challenge, there is an expectation that participants will be doing their own research, including both what is provided on the website and also your own wider research.

As a starting point for your questions, I suggest looking through the photo gallery provided on Design Area 5 page – there are several photos of the crocodile monitoring boats that are currently being used by Dawul Wuru, with the make and model of the boats and engines visible. From there, I suggest broadening your search and using google to see if you can find the information you’re seeking, whether it be the manuals or dimensions or other general information.

Inevitably there will be information which you cannot find which will require you to make assumptions and strategic decisions about your design choice. We’ve created a Big Tricky Questions: Explained document (linked in the Resources page under FAQ) which can help you navigate some of that thinking.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!

Thanks,
        Rachel

Adrian Rice
        Participant

Hi Rachel;

Thankyou for the response and information I just had a follow up question.

Are the black boats shown in the pictures and crocodile removalists video (https://dawulwuru.com.au/land-management/crocodile-management/)controled via a tiller or wheel?

Cheers
          Adrian

Rachel Alford
          Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

Good question! They are steered by a tiller.

Thanks,
            Rachel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.