Construction tools

Mondulkiri, Cambodia Structures Construction tools

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sin Cher Chong
    Participant

Hi, my group is currently undertaking background research for project 6.3, “Infrastructure to enable safe river access”. For our project, we decided to build a floating dock connected to a wooden ramp to provide safe river access, however we are not sure if what construction tools are readily available in Pu Ngaol village, instead of buying high cost tools like metre saw and screwdriver drill machine. May I know what are the readily available tools ?

Another question, since the fundings in this structure design area is expected to be large, I would like to know where the fundings would come from, i.e. the government , the villages or any other sources.

Thank you in advanced, I am looking forward for your reply.

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Sin Cher,

I’m consulting our EWB team based in Cambodia about your queries. I’ll aim to update you within the week. In the meantime, you may check some of the construction materials costs in our Resources.

Regards,
        Jean

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Jean Aquinde.
        Jean Aquinde
        Keymaster

Hi Sin Cher,

According to our EWB staff in Cambodia, general construction tools are typically available in the community, and you may assume that villagers are also experienced in construction work such as installing toilets, building houses, etc. Building materials such as brick, cement, concrete rings, pipe, steel, etc., can also be readily bought at construction shops.

In terms of the nature of funding, community-level projects (similar to your floating dock) are supported mainly by non-government organisations (NGOs) and private donors, while major projects (like road construction and improvement) are the ones funded by the government.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
          Jean

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.