Community vehicles and Maintenance sheds

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Energy Community vehicles and Maintenance sheds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Drake
    Participant

Good afternoon EBW forum, our group as chosen 3.4 Transportable Energy System.

To better understand our design limitations, what vehicles does the community have access to?
      It would allow our design to be towable without requiring the purchase of new vehicles.

From the design brief it mentions that potential sites could be maintenance sheds.

1) Are these sheds easily accessible via roadways or do vehicles travel off-road to reach the sites?

2) How much clearance is there around the sheds?

3) What is the terrain like around the sheds?

4) What equipment is utilised and requires power? i.e, power tools or lights

Look forward to hearing back, many thanks!

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your questions, I’ve answered them all below:

Q: What vehicles does the community have access to?
        A: Please take a look at our interactive resources – the Dawul Wuru office walk through shows the variety of vehicles that Dawul Wuru have access to.

Q: 1) Are these sheds easily accessible via roadways or do vehicles travel off-road to reach the sites? 2) How much clearance is there around the sheds? 3) What is the terrain like around the sheds?
        A: The sheds currently do not exist – this is a project that Dawul Wuru have expressed an interest in. I recommend reading the project brief for some more information (Project 1.6). Dawul Wuru have identified some potential sites for this maintenance outstation which can be explored in our interactive resources. These resources will give you a walk through of the different potential sites and you can see the terrain and accessibility in those places. 

Q: 4) What equipment is utilised and requires power? i.e, power tools or lights
        A: I’ve answered this question on this forum before, please a take read here: https://ewbchallenge.org/forums/topic/energy-requirements/
        It’s also important to point out that the intention behind project 3.4 is to provide all the energy needs for Dawul Wuru, hence the need to be scalable, not just for one aspect.

I hope this helps, please reach out if you have any further questions!
        Thanks,
        Rachel

Michael Drake
        Participant

Thank you for your response Rachel, information provided will be helpful for our team moving forward.

Thank you,
          Michael

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.