Budget for retaining walls

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation General discussion Budget for retaining walls

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jordan De Filippis
    Participant

Hi there,

I was wondering what sort of budget we should aim for when it comes to the retaining walls. My team and I are torn on how big of a matter the cost of the project is.

Cheers,
      Jordan

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Jordan,

Good question, and one of the trickier aspects of the EWB Challenge,

The EWB Challenge design brief does not specify a budget or maximum cost that a project must fit within as every project may vary in complexity and scale depending on the project aims. In tackling budget concerns, we have outlined great tips on EWB Challenge FAQs. In this guide, we mentioned that in our design considerations, you might think about the ‘Capital Expenditure’ (initial cost to start) and Operational Expenditure (ongoing costs over time), which might include material and implementation costs, operation/program delivery costs, and maintenance costs. Ultimately it will be up to your team to decide what is a reasonable budget based on the value your design provides. You can justify a larger budget, for example, if you can demonstrate value for money such as longevity of your solution with minimal maintenance required.

I hope this helps, please reach out with any further questions!
        Rachel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.