5.2 long term purpose

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tom Avent
    Participant

I just wanted to clarify the purpose of the tank being built in 5.2 Are these meant to be used as a method of rescuing injured turtle, fish and Coral before passing them onto another organisation for the rehibilitation and research process process (if so who are they being sent to). Or are they meant to be used so Dawul Wuru can directly work to rehibilitate and research the animals and coral without passing them onto another group (essentially looking after and releasing with no third party involvment).

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your questions!

The purpose behind the tank is not for long term rehabilitation or research purposes, it is for the transport of turtle, fish and coral on to other facilities. Dawul Wuru do have an interest in being able to research and rehabilitate species in the future, however at present they do not have the equipment to do so. 
        The tank would be used by Dawul Wuru to safely transport the animals or coral; it is not intended to be a long term ‘home’ for those collected.

As to where they would be sent – it depends on the species and capacities of facilities. For the purposes of your project, it is best to assume that the tank may need to travel relatively long distances (eg to a different city) and you can assume that it will be transported by road. With that in mind, how can you design your tank in such a way that the species is able to survive in those conditions?

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
        Rachel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.