3.3 – High Value Experiences

Centre for Appropriate Technology Discussion Structures 3.3 – High Value Experiences

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sheehan
    Participant

Hello,

Can I please ask for some clarification on the wording in the EWB brief for Section 3.3. Our group is just wanting to confirm that our design considerations are in line with the expectations within this section.

“There is a recognition of the tourism potential across Cape York, with a specific focus on supporting the growth of tourism that involves low numbers of visitors but high-value experiences.”

Specifically the statement “high-value experiences”. Can I please ask for some more information on the intent behind this wording?

Kind Regards,
      Chris

Rachel Alford
      Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Great question and wonderful to see your consideration of meeting the design brief.

Essentially the ‘high-value experiences’ relate to ensuring that tourists visiting Cape York have a positive and meaningful experience while on the Cape. Note that this doesn’t necessarily mean a luxurious trip, but rather one that is valuable in terms of its environmental and cultural experiences.

Cape York is a remote destination with rich culture and incredible natural beauty, and it is these features that contribute to a ‘high-value experience’. You should keep these assets in mind when designing your tourist shelters. How can your shelters highlight and maximise the cultural and environmental offerings for visitors and contribute to a meaningful, valuable experience?

I hope this helps to clarify the intention behind that wording, good luck with your project and please get in touch with any further questions!

Rachel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.