Number of Buildings

Saibai Island, TSIRC Infrastructure Number of Buildings

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 3 days ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Stam
    Participant

Hello there,
      I am representing Mackay Team 1 from CQU. We are focusing on design area 4.1: Clean, affordable energy for small coastal urban environments. We would like to know how many households and businesses (including waste treatment plant, school and hospital) there are on Saibai as of 2024 to be able to properly calculate energy consumption for the report. We have used the census to find the households but cannot find the number of businesses to accurately determine energy consumption.

Thankyou, Dylan

Dylan Stam
      Participant

I would also like to ask if there is any specific information about the power infrastructure in regards to how many power poles there currently are and how many linear metres of power cables there are on Saibai.

Jean Aquinde
        Keymaster

Hi Dylan,

There’s a list of facilities in TSIRC’s website where you can refer to. A good resource to pair with this is the Saibai Community Booklet.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
          Jean

Jean Aquinde
          Keymaster

Hi Dylan,

Unfortunately, we can’t find any specific information on the existing number of power poles and length of power cables in Saibai Island. The township strip or area is visible in Google Maps and Google Earth. To determine the approximate length of the serviceable facilities across the town, I suggest that you use the measuring tools available in the app.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
            Jean

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.