Grey water

• This topic has 17 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Vannesa The.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Manickam
    Participant

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1) Do we know the percentage of buildings on Saibai with rainwater tanks?
      2)What the tanks are hooked up to (e.g. toilet flushing, outdoor taps, clothes washing)?

Thank you!

Sai Rupa Dev
      Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately we don’t have information on percentage of buildings on Saibai with rainwater tanks. I could check and get back to you though.

Regarding the usage, rainwater tanks I’ve seen around are hooked up to various household uses such as toilet flushing, outdoor taps for watering gardens, washing clothes, and sometimes even for drinking water with a filtration system.

Hope that helps,
        Cheers,
        Sai

Vannesa The
        Participant

Hi,

I wanted to seek opinions since I believe it is critical to assess whether our ideas will be accepted by the community. So, our idea is a greywater recycling system in which we would construct connecting pipes from houses per neighbourhood. These pipes will collect greywater and transport it to a biofilter (fine sand, rocks, gravel, coarse sand, etc.). This filtration system will be installed on top of a storage tank to collect filtered greywater. To direct it to the filtering system, pumps powered by a solar panel will be required. Then this storage tank will have a water switch that will allow them to use the water for various purposes, such as cleaning. Will the Saibai Islander be okay with implementing storage tanks near their houses, and will they be excited to have this system on the site?

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.