Communication with businesses

Saibai Island, TSIRC General discussion Communication with businesses

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 3 days ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Blake Tonkin
    Participant

I have a question regarding the EWB challenge brief. I know that the EWB challenge says that we are not allowed to contact members of the Saibai Island community or the TSIRC, but I was wondering if we’d be allowed to message companies like Sea Swift about pricings for transporting the materials needed to Saibai Island.

Jean Aquinde
      Keymaster

Hi Blake,

Thanks for checking with us! Apparently many student teams are curious about the shipping costs to Saibai Island. Check the discussion thread here.

While contacting relevant stakeholders outside TSIRC and the Saibai Island community is beyond our scope, we generally encourage students not to send unnecessary enquiries to them. We’ve had an experience in the past where a boat supplier complained to us as they’ve been getting multiple enquiries from students working on the EWB Challenge. (FYI, about 10,000 students are working in the EWB Challenge annually).

I suggest that you check first the resources in the thread. After all, making sound assumptions when there’s a lack of accurate data is part of learning and is also practiced in the industry.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
        Jean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.