Average water use per day

Saibai Island, TSIRC Water and Sanitation Average water use per day

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 4 days ago by Jean Aquinde.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kaden Savannah
    Participant

Hi,
      I was just wondering what the average water use per day was on Saibai island. The average for Australians in general was about 274L per day.
      Should I just go off this statistic?

Thanks heaps,
      Kaden

Sai Rupa Dev
      Keymaster

Hi Kaden,

Is this for drinking water? or daily usage?
        274, is a pretty good estimate. Personally I’d use Queensland’s estimates. This article explores why remote communities have 900 litres per day per.

Raef Daou
        Participant

Hi
          What is the average drinking water usage in Sabai Island? We are looking to create a filtration system to improve specifically the drinking water quality by adding a single tap just for drinking water. Another important statistic would be the average roof area.

So far we are using an estimate of 125m^2 for the average roof area and an estimated 100L per day of drinking water per household. Is this accurate?

Jean Aquinde
          Keymaster

Hi Raef,

Unfortunately, we don’t have the data specific to the drinking water usage and average roof area in Saibai Island. I suggest that in your research, explore Saibai’s water infrastructure to get a broader picture of the water supply. According to this report (page 111): Sustainable Land Use Plan_Part 2 Saibai (2012): “The average water usage from the most recent data provided from the TSIRC Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Unit is around 327L/person/day. This is slightly higher than the target design consumption of 300/person/day.” This document is accessible from our Resources section.

I suppose your team may have to perform projections using existing data from reliable sources such as:
            > Water Account, Australia (Australian Bureau of Statistics)
            > Drinking water and your health
            > TSIRC’s website with link to Drinking Water Quality Annual Report 2022-2023.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
            Jean

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Jean Aquinde.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.