Reply To: Bush Tucker Plants in the region

Dawul Wuru Aboriginal Corporation Water management Bush Tucker Plants in the region Reply To: Bush Tucker Plants in the region

Rachel Alford
Keymaster

Hi Ethan,
Thanks for your questions! I’ve answered them below:

Q: could provide a list of Bush Tucker plants that grow natively in Yirrganydji Country, so I can research their nutritional information and the best environment to grow them.
A: I’ve answered this question on this previous discussion forum thread.

Q: Could you also provide the current diet of the average person in Yirrganyji Country so i can determine the nutritional benefits of having bush tucker available to them more widely.
A: Unfortunately we don’t have access to that data, and I’m not sure it would be available anywhere. In this instance, when you’re unable to get concrete┬áinformation about something you’re able to make informed assumptions. For example, you could look at the average Australian diet and make an assumption that Yirrganydji people have a similar diet. If you were to make assumptions like this, be sure to document them clearly in your report. We’ve put together a FAQs: Big Tricky Questions document which talks through some of the process of making assumptions when exact information isn’t available.

Good luck with your project!
Rachel