Reply To: About Increasing natural disaster resilience of riverbank pump systems

Centre for Appropriate Technology Discussion Water management About Increasing natural disaster resilience of riverbank pump systems Reply To: About Increasing natural disaster resilience of riverbank pump systems

Blair Kassulke
Participant

Hi EWB Team,

I have a few questions about the challenge. I have taken the time to review the 360 degree walkthrough which covered most of our queries but still have a few questions.

1) Apart from EWB is there anyone else that has a stake in this challenge that will need to be notified or kept informed about this project? and whom else might this project affect that should be considered? for example, local community or agriculture?

2) I understand that budgets are not “set” for this project. Should we be simply attempting to keep the costs as low as possible?

3) It would be ideal to utilize locally acquired materials. Are there any local manufactured of materials that could be utilized?

4) in terms of design, fabrication and construction, are any local skillsets are available for use in this project? Engineers, construction workers, carpenters, metalworkers etc? that may play a role in constructing or maintaining the site?

Thank you for your assistance,

– Blair