Reply To: Alternatives and improvements to refrigerators and freezers

Centre for Appropriate Technology Discussion Energy Alternatives and improvements to refrigerators and freezers Reply To: Alternatives and improvements to refrigerators and freezers

Grace Roberts
Keymaster

Hi Aryana,

Thanks for your questions here and I apologise about our delay in responding to you.

I recall that most of your questions here were answered in our event last week – Stakeholder Insights: Q&A and you can view the recordings and check the MURAL for responses. I will however attempt to answer Q4 that I don’t remember being addressed during the event:

4. Assume that various scenarios will need to be accounted for – I have heard of whole animals being stored (causing power spikes) but it’s best to additionally provide the functionality of having meat pre-cut before cooling. So keep your solution suitable for either where possible – that way no matter how the community uses the space, it will be a versatile solution to account for different users using it differently, and reduces the risk of issues arising.

Check the MURAL here for the remaining responses, and if they are not there listen back to the recording if we addressed it verbally, otherwise we are endeavouring to answer the remaining questions on the MURAL this week to check back later.

Hope that helps, best of luck with your project.
    Grace